Formative assessment implementation checklist
1 minute read
Implementation checklists are a list of practical steps you can take to support the implementation of an evidence-based practice in your setting. This checklist focuses on formative assessment. Have I...
- identified a way to determine where my students are currently at in their learning and the correct level of challenge for them? (either through a diagnostic task or existing data)
- written achievable learning objectives for the lesson?
- presented these objectives in a way that is easy for students to understand?
- provided students with models and scaffolds that allow them to see what success in this lesson looks like? (See explicit instruction for more details)
- created opportunities within every lesson to collect formative assessment?
- provided timely feedback to progress my students’ understanding and skill development?
- progressed students who have mastered the skill onto the next step of learning? (see mastery learning)