Observing, understanding and listening to the needs of the Australian education sector is essential to AERO achieving our vision and objectives.
To help present high-quality evidence that is relevant and accessible, we are forming a panel of educators, teachers and leaders (PETL).
Who can join?
This panel will include teachers, educators and leaders from schools and early childhood education and care (ECEC) across all states and territories. Panel members will be selected on an expression of interest basis.
The panel provides an opportunity to contribute your voice to our work. It includes activities such as:
- consulting with our research teams
- providing pre-publication feedback on resources
- participation in workshops and focus groups
Depending on the activity and selected level of participation, you can expect participating in PETL will range from about 2 to 8 hours per term.
PETL activities are distinct from the collection of research data from research participants.
- Participation in the PETL is your opportunity to be part of this important work at a national level.
- PETL members will receive regular communications about AERO’s contributions to policy and practice, learning opportunities and the chance to work with other professionals in research and education.
- The contribution of school and ECEC service-based members will be formally acknowledged with a certificate of participation, and when relevant, linking to relevant Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) standards.
Are you interested in joining PETL?
To acknowledge the time and commitment involved, schools and ECEC services will be compensated for the time given by PETL members. Pre-reading and other required preparation will also be acknowledged.
How to get involved
- Submit your expression of interest
- Your application will be reviewed, and you may be invited to work with AERO on specific activities and projects.
- You will be sent the relevant Terms of Reference to review and acknowledge, including obtaining consent from your principal/service director if required.
For more information
Please contact Liz Heitmeyer, PETL coordinator [email protected]